Bay Engineers Supplies was established in 1946. It was located in Tauranga on Dive Crescent and operated from the same premises as A A Edwards & Sons Ltd, a marine and general engineer which operated the old slipway. From its small beginnings in Tauranga as a bearing and power transmission specialist it has expanded into a national branch network.

However, the present company’s origins can be traced back to The General Machinery Company founded in 1917 in Wanganui by Mr. E.A Millward and his cousin Mr. T.W.C Wilberfoss. This company was the first distributor of Fenner power transmission product in NZ.

Bay Engineers Supplies and the General Machinery Company merged in 2004.

Maud Kirk Machinery a power transmission specialist founded in 1946 in Wellington, became the Power Transmission Division of the company in 2014. They are Sumitomo Drive Technologies oldest industrial distributor in the world. A relationship built on 45 years of innovative solutions to NZ industry.

bayengineerssupplies.co.nz

[email protected]

National Customer Centre: 0800 229 364